How to share wifi to a PS4

Bonsoir,

I am using a MacBook Pro and I want to share its Internet to a PS4. Unfortunately I am using educational network and I have to use frozenway to do that. I use Virtualbox to make a Windows10 environment. My Mac is connected with the ethernet and I want to share its wifi to PS4. In fact my PS4 now could browse the web but cannot connect to PSN. My frozenspot seems not work. Could you please give me a throughout guide for this? Thanks.

Réponses

• Hi,

If you want to share with wifi, then you have to buy a wifi dongle and plug it to your mac and configure VirtualBox so the dongle is connected to Windows. Then in the FrozenSpot options, on the 1st page, choose the ethernet connection, and on the 2nd page the Wifi dongle. The Internet Sharing must be disabled on your mac.

Internet <--ethernet--> Mac <-VM NAT-> Windows <--wifi--> PS4 : Need a Wifi dongle
    Internet <--ethernet--> Mac <-VM NAT-> Windows <--ethernet--> PS4 : Need an ethernet switch
    Internet <--wifi--> Mac <-VM NAT-> Windows <--wifi--> PS4 : Need a Wifi dongle
    Internet <--wifi--> Mac <-VM NAT-> Windows <--ethernet--> PS4 : No third party hardware needed
  • Thanks a lot, I will try. And I should activate Frozenway in Virtualbox or Mac? The limited network in university really sucks. For precision, I prefer the 4th method, and it should be:
    Internet <--wifi--> Mac <-VM NAT-> Windows (Frozenway activate and Frozenspot(1: Frozenway; 2: The ethernet) activate) <--ethernet--> PS4 : No third party hardware needed?
  • Yes, FrozenWay should be activated from Windows. You have to configure VirtualBox in order to get 2 network cards, the first one with NAT, and the 2nd one with Ethernet Bridge. Then in the Mac OS X System Preferences / Network, in the Ethernet tab, choose 'Configure IPv4' : Disabled.

Launch Windows, and you'll have 2 network cards. In the FrozenSpot options, 2nd page choose Ethernet 2.
Connectez-vous ou Inscrivez-vous pour répondre.